The Humanities Division has a Researcher Development and Training team, based in the Divisional Office. The key focus of the team’s role is to enhance generic skills training offered to Humanities graduate students and researchers at the University of Oxford. The team works with faculties, TORCH (The Oxford Research Centre for the Humanities), other University departments and units, and external consultants to deliver a programme of training each year, aimed at:
- honing and developing skills needed for research projects,
- gaining first-hand experience of engaging in collaborations, and
- taking the first steps towards pioneering and influential career paths.
Designed to resonate with TORCH’s research themes for the year, the Humanities Researcher Development programme has offered early career researchers opportunities to:
- explore their entrepreneurial potential in the Oxford Saïd Business School’s Launchpad,
- to meet with commissioning editors from Routledge and Palgrave during publisher matchmaking events, and
- to consider how their research might benefit from interaction with a public audience.